By paying an invoice for a sponsored post with us, the following terms and conditions are in place.
We will do our best to promote your products and services through our blog and/or social media channels, working our hardest for the success of your business. Please be aware of our terms and conditions, which pertains to all paid sponsorships and advertisement on the Plant Based Recipe website and associated social media accounts. For the purpose of this agreement, “Sponsor” refers to you, “PlantBasedRecipe.com” refers to me/website, and the sponsored content on PlantBasedRecipe.com and related social media accounts is referred to as the “Work”.
- The deliverables (article, photos, video, giveaway, etc) are detailed in the invoice, and Sponsor agrees to these deliverables upon payment of invoice.
- Work will not be scheduled or published by PlantBasedRecipe.com until payment and/or product has been received from Sponsor.
- The fee for the Work is non-refundable. If the Sponsor nonetheless does not want or refuses to receive Work, PlantBasedRecipe.com may decide whether or not to complete Work, and will exclusively retain all right to Work.
- While website and social media promotion is great for Sponsor brand awareness, and we work hard to create effective promotional materials, PlantBasedRecipe.com cannot guarantee an increase in traffic, profits, or revenue.
- PlantBasedRecipe.com follows Canadian consumer protection laws (similar to the FTC in the USA) and Google Webmaster guidelines. As such, we note all sponsored content, including reviews and other paid-for blog posts, advertisements, and affiliate links. Sponsored content includes posts that have been paid for, where product is received for free, cash reimbursement, or any other kind of business relationship. In order to follow these guidelines, PlantBasedRecipe.com typically uses text or a badge on a web page to illustrate sponsored content, #ad or #sponsored in social media accounts, mentioning the article or social media post is sponsored near the beginning of any written content, and use nofollow links on the website. If the work is written by a third-party, this and the writers affiliation (vested interest) will be clearly noted at the beginning of the article and nofollow links applied.
- PlantBasedRecipe.com is always completely honest in all Work performed (also a Canadian consumer protection and FTC requirement). PlantBasedRecipe.com always contacts sponsors in the event there is any issue with the product and/or service quality so it can be resolved in advance whenever possible. If the issue cannot be resolved, several options will be provided for moving forward with the Work (change course or focus, a generic post sponsored by the company, and so on). In the event a mutual decision cannot be reached or is not received in a timely manner (roughly 72 hours after a follow-up message), the final decision on how to proceed will be made by PlantBasedRecipe.com.
- Sponsored links have nofollow added to them, adhering to these web guidelines. Please see that page for more information if required, or send PlantBasedRecipe.com a message for more information. This is a safeguard for both parties, especially for the sponsor as penalties are often placed on them.
- Copy and media (photos, graphics, and so on) created for Work by PlantBasedRecipe.com remains copyright of Jen deHaan for use on PlantBasedRecipe.com and related social media accounts. Please note that copy can be quoted with attribution, but more than 3 sentences cannot be used without permission and attribution. If you wish to use any photos taken for the Work, or republish the Work in its entirety, please contact PlantBasedRecipe.com for licensing or purchasing information.
- If any copy or artwork/images are created by Sponsor and provided to PlantBasedRecipe.com for publication, the Sponsor/author retains copyright of their Work. By agreeing to this document (by paying an invoice), Sponsor provides worldwide exclusive licensing to PlantBasedRecipe.com to publish the work in perpetuity (or until this site ceases operation), and guarantees that the Work is original, owned by Sponsor, and any written copy is not published at any other location.
- Sponsor guarantees that all elements of text, images, or other artwork provided are either owned by your good selves, or that you have permission to use them. By sending them to PlantBasedRecipe.com, you are granting permission to PlantBasedRecipe.com to use them for the purpose of promoting your business in Work.
- You are using this service at your own risk, and Work is provided or published “as is” while the site is being hosted and operated by its current owner. Sponsor agrees that PlantBasedRecipe.com will not be liable for any damages that arise from PlantBasedRecipe.com performance of this Work (including, but not limited to, failure to perform in a timely manner, regardless of whether the failure was intentional or negligent, and incidental or consequential damages.)
- You agree to the terms on this page, and cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else without PlantBasedRecipe.com’s permission. This agreement stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this agreement becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place.
Although the language and format of these terms and conditions is simple, the intentions are serious and this contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.