Chipotle Lime Spread / Mayo / Aioli
This delicious chipotle spread is smoky and spicy with a hint of lime to balance it out. It’s great for burritos, sandwiches, or as a dip.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 12 Servings
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds Soaked. Can sub cashews, or white beans. See article & notes.
- 1/2 cup Plant-based milk (unsweetened) Plus additional to thin if desired. Use milk of choice: Almond, cashew, etc.
- 1/4 cup lime juice Use pulp if desired
- 1 Tbsp garlic Minced
- 1 tsp chipotle powder This is spicy. More or less to taste.
- 1 date Optional. Sub 1 tsp maple syrup.
- 1/4 tsp salt Optional
Soak the sunflower seeds in boiling water (ideally for at least an hour), or soak in fridge overnight. Drain.
Add all ingredients to high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
This recipe creates a spread-like consistency that is similar also to an aioli or mayo. If you want to thin it down to more of a dressing, add some more plant-based milk and a bit more lime juice.
To make this recipe SOS free, simply omit salt. If you find it a bit bland, you can increase either the lime or chipotle to compensate (do note that the chipotle is very spicy, so do so in small increments!)
If you sub beans entirely, make a bit extra (1 to 1.5 cups) so you can add to reach the desired consistency.
Serving: 2Tbsp (approx) | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.5mg