I don't have much patience, so I love a quick and easy recipe. This grape jam is so easy to make: you don't need to cook anything, you don't need many ingredients (no pectin or anything else), and you barely add any sugar either. You just juice your grapes, add some chia and a bit of optional maple syrup, and refrigerate to set. What could be easier than that? Not much. That's what.
I had a bunch of grapes given to me, and a few off of our own vines. They were tangy and delicious, and I'd recommend using that kind of grape for this recipe if you can (concord, etc). You will start by blending the grapes in a Vitamix or food processor. Then strain the grapes through a fine mesh bag or similar to remove the seed and skin remnants. Then you add the ingredients and let it set. That's all you need to do to make this jam.
And because I don't do the giant intros typical in recipe blogs, let's just get straight to the recipe, shall we?
Chia Grape Jam
- 2 cups fresh grape juice*
- 4-6 tbsp chia seed ground or whole
- 4 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Juice about 3.5 cups of grapes to create about 2 cups of juice (I blended the grapes and then squeed through a fine mesh bag).
- Whisk in the chia seeds and maple syrup.
- Refrigerate overnight and store in fridge in airtight jar.
What you get the next day is wonderful, gelatinized jelly without the need to cook or use any pectin. Pretty great! I store this in the fridge in an air-tight glass jar, and it should last a week or two.
Have you made this recipe? Let me know in the comments! Have you tried just blending the grapes without straining? How did it turn out?
Or share this post with your friends, so they can make the jam and share it with you 🙂
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Vegan Ginger Orange Farro, Bean & Vegetable Meal Salad recipe (using Chop Above cutting board!) - September 3, 2019
- Flavor Blast Vegan Tzatziki Spread recipe (Dairy Free, Oil free, Low Fat) - July 8, 2019
- Vegan ramen with mushrooms and tofu recipe – with a spicy option (Oil free, Vegan) - June 4, 2019