This vegan recipe for a lemon ginger sauce makes a nice and easy spreadable sauce that you can add to burgers, wraps, or bowls. It is so flavorful you only need to add some oatmilk and whisk the sauce to turn it into a salad dressing you can drizzle over a bowl.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this lemon ginger sauce is on a potato. This makes one of the easiest possible lunches – heat up a potato, add this spread on top and then drizzle some hot sauce and crack some pepper on top. Simple, delicious, and healthy too. The bright citrus flavors go with so many existing recipes, or will spice up a regular lunch rotation. Make a tofu and vegetable wrap with a bit of rice and add this sauce to flavor it up to perfection. Make the same wrap the following day with a new spread and you won’t get bored.
Add the ingredients to a blender, that’s it.
Ginger Lemon Sauce
- Add the sunflower seeds, ginger, lemon juice, oat milk, miso and syrup to a high-powered blender.
- Add additional oat milk until you reach the desired consistency. Do this to adjust the sauce to a salad dressing, or leave it thick for spreading in sandwiches and wraps.
- Optional: Taste test the sauce, and add lemon zest or juice to taste.
Make this bowl sauce into a salad dressing
The consistency of this dressing is a bit like a sour cream. To turn this recipe into a salad dressing you can drizzle, add a couple tablespoons of oat milk and lemon juice each and test the results. Continue adding a little bit until you reach the desired consistency. If it becomes too sour, add a half teaspoon of maple syrup.
Substitute the miso with soy sauce, tamari, or you can omit.
Substitute the sunflower seeds with cashews, a blend of both, or white beans.
Gluten free: Make sure you use gluten-free miso paste.
Help keep the intros short! Support this site
I don't like those long introductions that have little to do with the recipe and contain 15 versions of the same photo. You know the ones. Do you like them? Maybe not? Many writers add them to help with their search engine rankings, but I simply don't believe in them. I like getting to the point, and reckon you're mostly here for the recipes or articles and not my personal life. This site suffers as a result. Fewer ads, and search engines don't favor the site. And the site takes money and a lot of labor to write, photograph, edit, and maintain.
But you can help! Support this site with a small token of your support on any of the following sites. They are secure and safe, and take just a second. It helps keep these recipes coming, and helps me make sense of what I'm doing with my life!
You can donate to keep this site up and running, and oil free vegan recipes coming your way! Choose from a few easy and safe ways to help:
- Pad Thai Protein Salad recipe from The Plant-Based Cookbook + Book Review and Giveaway! - December 9, 2020
- Lemon ginger bowl sauce with miso recipe (Oil free, no added sodium) - November 30, 2020
- New vegan bacon at Whole Foods Market – 300 store roll-out - November 15, 2020