Learn about the plant-based diet and vegan-friendly living in these excellent documentaries. These documentaries detail how a plant based diet benefits your health, the environment/climate, and how to live a cruelty-free life. Scroll down for sections that contain documentaries about health and eating as well. Obviously there is a lot of cross over, so please refer to the description offered on each page.
This page embeds and links to plant-based and vegan related documentaries that you can find online, either on YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, Netflix and so on. I also link to related documentaries on sugar consumption, animal welfare topics, environmental issues, and health topics in separate sections (scroll down).
Refer to the table of contents that links to each documentary for more information, or use the grid to browse available documentaries. For documentaries available on Netflix, please scroll to the bottom. Do note that Netflix adds and removes documentaries frequently - please feel free to contact us with any changes/updates. Thank you!
Table of Contents
While there is certainly a lot of crossover between health, ethics, and more in these documentaries, the vegan documentaries are mainly about ethics although they might also cover a lot about the benefits of eating a fully plant based diet as well. The health documentaries listed below are primarily about food and health or food industry related topics.
These documentaries are the most connected to ethics and how to make responsible food choices.
- The Animal People (2019 Documentary Series)
- Planet Vegan (2019 Documentary Series)
- Seaspiracy (Documentary – In Production)
- The Game Changers (2018 documentary)
- Dominion (2018 documentary)
- Rotten (2018 Netflix documentary)
- 73 Cows (2018 Documentary)
- Land of Hope and Glory (2017 Documentary)
- The Invisible Vegan (2017 documentary)
- What the Health (2017 documentary)
- Eating You Alive (2016 Documentary)
- Before the Flood (2016 documentary - environment focus)
- Vegan 2016 – THE FILM: A Growing Movement Under Attack (2016 documentary)
- Food Choices (2016 documentary)
- Plant Pure Nation (2015 documentary)
- Fat Sick & Nearly Dead (2010 & 2014 documentaries)
- Cowspiracy (2014 documentary)
- Lucent (2014 documentary)
- Live and Let Live (2013 documentary)
- Forks Over Knives and Engine 2 Diet (2011 documentaries)
- Vegucated (2010 documentary)
- Death on a Factory Farm (2009 documentary)
- Earthlings (2005 documentary)
Health focused documentaries
These documentaries are primarily health related topics, but are related to this food-focused website.
- Seeds of Death: Unveiling the Lies of GMOs (2012 documentary)
- Genetic Roulette (2012 documentary)
- Fed Up (2014 documentary)
- Fed Up (2002 documentary)
- The Truth About Sugar (2015 documentary)
- Sugar Coated (2015 documentary)
Plant-Based & Vegan Documentaries
These documentaries help you learn about the benefits of eating a plant based diet and vegan friendly lifestyle. Learn about how you will improve your health, impact the environment and climate change, and live a cruelty free compassionate life. Some of the documentaries focus on health, while others focus on climate impact, compassion, and animal welfare. Please read the descriptions or watch the trailers for more information on each one. Documentaries about the food industry (GMOs and sugar, etc) follow in separate sections below.
Other Health Related Documentaries
The following documentaries explore other related topics on health and nutrition. Included are documentaries about the sugar industry, and often controversial topic of GMOs (genetically modified organisms) and how they impact our food supply. Genetically engineered foods may affect our health and well being. Watch these documentaries to learn more about the studies and science behind GMOs. The sugar industry is large, strong, and influential yet promotes adding sugar to our diets, which negatively affects our health through addition and toxicity.
Documentaries available on Netflix
If you are specifically looking for documentaries available on Netflix, these are the ones you can find there. Click to each documentary for a link to the title on their site. This list includes both plant-based *and* health-related documentaries.