Yesterday I wrote about a garlic cream sauce made with steamed cauliflower. The following recipe is one very simple way to use this sauce. The recipe I posted makes a ton of sauce, so you will have ample resources to make several meals from your spoils.
In this recipe, you simply combine the pasta, vegetables, and sauce together in a bowl and season. It's a great, quick meal that you can make in under half an hour if you have the sauce ready to go (the sauce doesn't take too long either).
Cauliflower Garlic Sauced Vegetables and Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. You want about 2 cups of cooked pasta, although this amount is flexible. You can use any type, or home cooked, based on your dietary preferences.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare or heat up the cauliflower garlic cream sauce. Find the recipe on my site here.
- Saute the mushrooms and minced garlic in a pan, using water or vegetable broth instead of oil.
- In a big bowl, toss the pasta, heated sauce, red pepper flakes, and all vegetables to combine well.
- Season with pepper, and add some hot sauce if desired.
Substitutions and alternatives
This recipe is flexible - you can use many other ingredients instead of snap peas or mushrooms. You could add some more of the steamed cauliflower, saute some carrots, onions and/or parsnips in garlic, cube some sweet or bell peppers. Many options, so get creative! It's a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand.
For the pasta, use whatever your favorite is or make your own. I often use chickpea based pasta, because chickpeas is the only ingredient so its a limited "processing" food to purchase. One day I might make my own. One day!
Did you alter the recipe and have it work out well? Let us know in the comments, or share an image with the hashtag #myPlantBasedRecipe!
If you want to share this recipe, or save it on Pinterest, the following image might be good for that.