This simple recipe is excellent for the holidays, or to accompany any roasted vegetables or add a tangy punch to your next buddah bowl. Many cranberry recipes include honey, but this one swaps out maple syrup. You don’t need any pectin for this recipe, as the cranberries add all the thickener you need. I am adding a bit of zest to add some extra punch to this condiment.
This is a special treat because there is obviously a lot of sweetener in the form of maple syrup. Have you tried using a different sweetener, such as dates or stevia? Let us know in the comments how it goes!
Vegan Cranberry sauce
- 12 oz cranberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice fresh squeezed if possible
- 1-2 tsp orange zest or lemon
- Add the maple syrup and orange juice to a pan on the stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add the cranberries to the pan.
- Stir regularly as the cranberries begin to “pop” and the juice will slowly start to thicken.
- Once thickened thoroughly, remove from heat and stir in the zest.
- Let cool, then serve!
Are you looking for a recipe that incorporates stevia, dates, or apples? Let me know that you’re interested in this kind of recipe in the comments and I can work on one.
- Pad Thai Protein Salad recipe from The Plant-Based Cookbook + Book Review and Giveaway! - December 9, 2020
- Lemon ginger bowl sauce with miso recipe (Oil free, no added sodium) - November 30, 2020
- New vegan bacon at Whole Foods Market – 300 store roll-out - November 15, 2020
Leave a Reply