This delicious tahini spread can be used in sandwiches and pitas, or for dipping vegetables. It's incredibly versatile and delicious. The main flavors are lemon and garlic, along with the nutty taste of tahini.
I came across this spread when I just started eating a plant-based diet. I purchased it at the store and fell in love immediately. I used it on everything I ate for awhile! Dipped vegetables, used it in pita sandwiches, and then I discovered spreading it on top of potatoes. See an excellent way to enjoy it, pictured below!
Perhaps my favorite feature of this dip is how incredibly easy it is to make. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, a quick blend, and you're done.
Lemon Parsley Tahini Spread
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- When you finish processing, the spread should be thick so it is spreadable, but you can add water to change the consistency if more of a dip is desired.
Turn this spread into a dressing
Not only is this recipe good for spreads, but you can easily change it into a salad dressing. To do so, simply add more water, and a bit of additional lemon juice and vinegar to the food processor until it's thinned out a bit more so it can be drizzled on a salad.
If you want to make this spread into a lower fat condiment, then you can substitute half or all of the tahini with cooked white beans.
Post added to Saucy Saturday blog hop, found via host Midlife Croissant. Check them out!
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Cheap Vegan Chili (Low fat, oil free) – but still rich, filling, and expensive tasting - November 13, 2019
- Creamy Vegan Sour Cream recipe (low fat & oil free with sodium free option) - November 1, 2019
- Vegan Ginger Orange Farro, Bean & Vegetable Meal Salad recipe (using Chop Above cutting board!) - September 3, 2019