On a plant-based diet, salads are key. And while this may seem cliche and a bit boring (did someone say rabbit food!?), it definitely doesn't have to be. By having a bunch of healthy homemade salad dressing recipes on hand and a stocked fridge full of vibrant vegetables, you can vary your salad day by day and never get bored. And this miso citrus salad dressing is anything but boring.
So this dressing made me quite excited the first time I made it! Not only does it have a good citrus and vinegar tang, it's also quite creamy thanks to the tofu and tahini. The apple cider vinegar is an incredibly healthy addition to your diet.
Miso Citrus Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup nuts raw and soaked, such as blanched almonds or cashews.
- 4 oz silken tofu can use other levels of firmness
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp miso paste white
- 1/2 tsp stevia extract or 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Put all ingredients except parsley in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until well blended and smooth.
- Add parsley to blender and pulse until you see small green flecks.
- Store in an airtight glass container, and keep chilled in the refrigerator.
I love adding this dressing to a loose leaf salad tossed with a bit of fruit (such as apple or guava), then topped with a handful of pumpkin seeds and a few raisins.
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Vegan Ginger Orange Farro, Bean & Vegetable Meal Salad recipe (using Chop Above cutting board!) - September 3, 2019
- Flavor Blast Vegan Tzatziki Spread recipe (Dairy Free, Oil free, Low Fat) - July 8, 2019
- Vegan ramen with mushrooms and tofu recipe – with a spicy option (Oil free, Vegan) - June 4, 2019