I always like to start my day with a hearty and filling (yet healthy!) breakfast. This often involves things like oatmeal, nuts and seeds. This breakfast fits the bill and is as delicious as a dessert (without the sugar, and probably without as many calories either!). Dates keep things light and you're only using whole foods as opposed to processed refined sugar. This recipe is therefore SOS-free (free of salt, oil, and added sugar).
This oatmeal with tahini is a breakfast regular for me, but you can always get creative with this by switching up the nut butter and/or toppings from time to time.
Sesame Oatmeal with Dates
- Bring water and dates to a boil over high heat, and then reduce to medium.
- Add oats, stirring as needed until thick and bubbly.
- When reaches desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in tahini.
- Sprinkle your favorite toppings on top, such as nuts and berries.
Top your oatmeal with blueberries or any other berries you prefer (or have in the kitchen!)
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Vegan Ginger Orange Farro, Bean & Vegetable Meal Salad recipe (using Chop Above cutting board!) - September 3, 2019
- Flavor Blast Vegan Tzatziki Spread recipe (Dairy Free, Oil free, Low Fat) - July 8, 2019
- Vegan ramen with mushrooms and tofu recipe – with a spicy option (Oil free, Vegan) - June 4, 2019