I always like to start my day with a hearty and filling (yet healthy!) breakfast. This often involves things like oatmeal, nuts and seeds. This breakfast fits the bill and is as delicious as a dessert (without the sugar, and probably without as many calories either!). Dates keep things light and you're only using whole foods as opposed to processed refined sugar. This recipe is therefore SOS-free (free of salt, oil, and added sugar).
This oatmeal with tahini is a breakfast regular for me, but you can always get creative with this by switching up the nut butter and/or toppings from time to time.
Sesame Oatmeal with Dates
- Bring water and dates to a boil over high heat, and then reduce to medium.
- Add oats, stirring as needed until thick and bubbly.
- When reaches desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in tahini.
- Sprinkle your favorite toppings on top, such as nuts and berries.
Top your oatmeal with blueberries or any other berries you prefer (or have in the kitchen!)
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Kale pesto and farro salad with tomatoes, spinach and peas recipe (Oil Free, Vegan) - February 14, 2020
- Oil free Vegan Kale Pesto recipe (SOS-Free option, sunflower seed base) - January 30, 2020
- Citrus herb chickpea salad sandwich recipe (Oil free, vegan) - January 23, 2020
Last Updated on