I turn to soups full of vegetables all the time for my lunch. Not only are they healthy, delicious and versatile (spice-wise), they use up whatever you have in the fridge.
This plant-based vegan spicy noodle soup is an incredibly simple and quick lunch. And it has enough flavor so despite its simple nature, it's not boring either. A ton of spice from the jalapenos and the chili garlic sauce pack a punch.
As noted earlier, you may be able to pull this one off with whatever you have in the fridge, too. The vegetables you add can obviously be anything you have on hand and the rest are staples you may already have in the pantry. While it was what I had on hand already, it turned out this combination worked well for this soup and warranted sharing.
Vegan spicy noodle soup
- 1 cups bo bun hue (rice) noodles Cooked. Sub other rice or ramen noodles
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup bok choy chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped, optionally deseeded
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/8 cup radish sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp garlic crushed/minced
- 1-3 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce home-made or store bought
- Boil water and cook the noodles according to the direction on the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer in a separate pot.
- When noodles finished cooking, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Add chili garlic paste to your vegetable broth, add the bok choy, jalapeno, onion, radish garlic and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the vegetable broth, and return to simmer while stirring. Once thoroughly heated, enjoy!
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Deluxe Sunomono Salad recipe (Vegan, oil free, low fat) - February 13, 2019
- Vegan sweet and sour stir fry recipe (Oil free, low fat) - February 12, 2019
- How to cook perfect potatoes in the Instant Pot - February 6, 2019