Versatile Mexican fruit salad, ensalada de fruta, prepared with jicama, pineapple, watermelon, Tájin chili powder and chia seeds. It's crunchy, tart, sweet, and spicy.
Spicy Mexican Fruit Salad
- 1 pineapple small
- 1 jicama medium, 6” to 7” inches across
- 1.5 key limes juiced (Mexican Limes)
- 1 1/2 tsp Tajín chili powder
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Remove the skin from the jicama and cut into 1 1/2” x 1/2” pieces.
- Remove the skin from the pineapple and cut into 1” pieces.
- Cut the watermelon into 1” pieces and remove the seeds.
- Put the cut-up fruit into a serving bowl. Squeeze the juice of the limes over the fruit.
- Sprinkle the Tajín then the chia seeds over the fruit.
- Serve immediately.
Note that this recipe was user submitted (no longer a feature on this site).
Last Updated on