The texture of your hummus is very important: you want it smooth and creamy, so it spreads easily in your wraps and sandwiches, and it's easy to dip your vegetables in. There are several ways to make your hummus creamy, but it's a lot about how much liquid you add, and blending it thoroughly. The Thai red curry adds a ton of flavor to this recipe in just a few spoonfuls of paste. It's not very spicy, but adds a nice bright note to your hummus that will taste particularly great in sandwiches. And if you're looking for a change in your next Buddah Bowl, this could be the ticket.
You will also improve the texture of the hummus by adding some tahini. Many try to say that tahini is an oil, but it is not. Tahini is made of crushed seeds. If you buy it in a jar, read the label as sometimes oil is added to tahini - but that's not the same as the fat that's part of the seeds themselves. Regardless, you do not need to add tahini for a creamy smooth hummus, but it will improve the flavor and texture of the final product if you do choose to add it (your hummus will still be low fat - this recipe makes a huge batch of it). Try your hummus without, and then you can add some to the blender if you want at the end.
Grab your food processor or blender, and let's do this.
Thai Red Curry Hummus
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend well until you reach desired consistency (this could be several minutes! Don't rush it).
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
This hummus is ready in about 10 minutes, from grabbing the first ingredients to emptying the blender bowl. Pretty easy, and much cheaper and healthier than (most or all of) the hummus you find at a store!
What is your favorite type of hummus? Savory or sweet?
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Citrus herb chickpea salad sandwich recipe (Oil free, vegan) - January 23, 2020
- Lime, parsley and dill creamy salad dressing recipe (Oil Free, Vegan) - January 23, 2020
- Insanely delicious vegan alfredo sauce recipe (Oil free, low sodium) - January 13, 2020
Last Updated on