Juicing recipes are quick and easy to follow: just throw all of these ingredients in your juicer and you're ready to go! You can prep everything in advance to make your juicing even more efficient.
Super green juice: an energizing juice perfect for breakfast
This green juice is amazingly healthy, and is energizing - so it's recommended as a breakfast.
Super green juice
- 1 cucumber long
- 8 celery sticks
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 carrots
- 1 bell pepper Red or Yellow
- 1 bunch greens kale, chard, spinach, etc - to taste
- Wash and prep all ingredients (chop, peel orange)
- Note that all ingredients can be prepped ahead, just add greens on the day you juice.
- Run through your favorite juicer (masticating or slow juicer is great).
- You can prep everything other than the greens in advance. This will provide a couple 16 oz bottles of juice. Enjoy!
Green juice: Lemon lime collards with lettuce
This juice recipe leaves you with a bright and refreshing green juice. Excellent for starting on green juice: it's not bitter or difficult to drink, citrus forward taste, and has a beautiful bright green color to boot.
Lemon lime collards with lettuce green juice
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 apple
- 1 lime
- 4 leaves basil
- 1/2 lemon
- Wash and juice all ingredients and mix.
- Use the apple and citrus pieces to push the greens and basil through the juicer if using a masticating juicer.
- Optionally strain before drinking.
Best Breakfast Green Juice
This is my favorite green juice recipe to run through my masticating juicer. Juicing these fruits and vegetables is simple and delicious every time. It tastes best on the day you prepare it, but I often make it the night before a big day and drink it first thing as an energizing breakfast (having it already prepared helps me avoid missing coffee! I'm still detoxing from coffee...)
Best basic green juice
- 6 leaves kale
- 6 stalks celery
- 1 cucumber medium
- 2 apples
- 1 lemon
- Wash and chop all ingredients into pieces.
- Juice all ingredients.
- Strain if necessary.
Variations for these green juice recipes
Some of my favorite ways to adjust this recipe are to add basil or parsley.
What about fiber and pulp
Depending on the type of juicer you use, a little (or a lot) of pulp will make its way into your juice. This is good: the fiber is good for you, and helps naturally address the sugars in the juice you drink.
But you'll always have some left over that doesn't make it into your juice, of course.
Using the pulp
Your dog can have everything but the lemon. Save the lemon for last, and give the rest of the pulp to your dog before juicing the lemon. If you have too much pulp for your pup, simply throw it in the fridge for later!
To find ways to use the fiber (pulp) from the produce, see these recipes. We always recommend consuming the pulp as well, and having plenty of fiber in your diet! Subscribe to this site for pulp recipes! I'll have some alternate uses coming up soon!
Where to find a juicer
We are planning to review and detail how to use our own juicers (or their latest counterparts) on this site. In the meantime, you can find some of the juicers we have at Amazon which is where we purchased ours. (We also have a hydraulic juicer that cannot be found on Amazon).
Breville Masticating juicer (we have the BJS600XL):
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Vegan Mushroom Oyster Sauce recipe (Oil Free, Low Fat) - December 11, 2019
- Planet Vegan (2019 Documentary) - November 28, 2019
- Creamy Buffalo Chik’n Hot Sauce recipe (Oil Free, Vegan) – Dip, spread, dressing, and more - November 28, 2019