This delicious recipe is spicy and rich in flavors and colors, while entirely vegan. Enjoy it as a side dish, or serve on top of a salad dressed with a simple vinaigrette! It's a really pretty dish to add to a plate served to houseguests. Adjust the level of spice to your own taste.
The star of this dish is roasted corn cut fresh from the cob, however it's really difficult to find when not in season. You can certainly substitute frozen corn as well which is just as healthy as fresh corn.
Chili spiced corn
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind/blend garlic, ginger, chiles, pine nuts, turmeric, lime juice, mustard seed, and salt into a paste using a food processor or blender.
- Rinse ears of corn, leaving them in the husks.
- Place the corn cobs in the middle rack of the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove corn cobs. Pull back husks and cut corn from the cob.
- Combine the paste, cilantro, and corn in a large dish.
- Toss in chili garlic sauce and seeds, season with pepper, and serve with wedges of lime.
Serving this dish with some slices of avocado is perfect. I heartily recommend drizzling with some lime juice as well.