After Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, it's possible that you have a surplus fresh or frozen cranberries to use. This Cranberry Basil juice is a fantastic and incredibly easy way to utilize all of the nutrition and fiber that you find in cranberries in a delicious way! It's made in the Vitamix so you harness the goodness of the entire berry. Not only that, this juice is incredibly refreshing - excellent to aid in digestion right after those large holiday meals.
You can substitute the basil for mint if you prefer: both are delicious!
Watch the video for the demo, and find the printable recipe right below! And although I am using the Vitamix for this video, you can make this in any blender.
Cranberry Basil Blender Juice
- 1/2 cup cranberries Fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp stevia extract optional
- Add cranberries, basil, and water to high-speed blender, and blend.
- Optionally sweeten with stevia to taste.
- Combine with ice to chill drink if necessary.
- Substitute basil for another green if you prefer, such as mint.
- Can be stored in the fridge.
- Reduce the amount of water that you use in the blender, then add the mixture to some sparkling water.
Cranberries are loaded with healthful phytochemicals. To learn about the nutritional benefits of cranberries, see this fantastic resource at the Worlds Healthiest Foods site.
To learn about the nutritional benefits of basil, which includes Vitamin K, read the resource provided by WebMD.
For this recipe, I used a Vitamix high speed blender, which is an incredibly versatile tool in the kitchen.
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Deluxe Sunomono Salad recipe (Vegan, oil free, low fat) - February 13, 2019
- Vegan sweet and sour stir fry recipe (Oil free, low fat) - February 12, 2019
- How to cook perfect potatoes in the Instant Pot - February 6, 2019