This raspberry “yogurt” is a sugar-free dessert that is naturally sweetened: we use pure unprocessed stevia and fruit to sweeten it, along with the raspberries. You can enjoy this all natural plant-based yogurt without any of the added guilt.
This isn’t a traditional yogurt (there isn’t any culture in this recipe), but the chia seed does thicken it up quite a bit so the consistency and taste are much like any dairy-free yogurt (without any of the additives or processing). It is also incredibly quick and easy to make and goes really well with our overnight chia oatmeal too.
This yogurt does not contain any additives, preservatives, or crazy thickeners or sweeteners. This recipe makes about 6 servings.
Dairy-free raspberry vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup fruit and/or vegetable juice pure cold-pressed juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp stevia liquid extract
- 1-2 tsp chia powder aka chia flour or ground chia seed
- 1/8 tsp sea salt optional
- 14 ounces silken tofu drained
- 2 cups raspberries reserve a handful for garnish
- 1 tsp mint or cacao nibs, for garnish - optional
- Bring the 1/2 cup water, juice, stevia extract, salt and chia powder to a simmer over medium heat while stirring.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 seconds while whisking then remove from heat once thickened. If it doesn't thicken, add small amounts of chia flour until it does.
- Cool this mixture and taste whether it is sweet. If not, add a small amount of additional stevia.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine raspberries and tofu until smooth.
- Pour in the juice and continue to blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into containers or bowls, and place in fridge to chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top the yogurt with berries, mint, or cacao nibs (or all!)
If you make your own juice for this recipe, keep the pulp and add it to a stew, your dog’s meal, or make some cookies with it. The pulp is excellent fiber for whoever enjoys it.
- Pad Thai Protein Salad recipe from The Plant-Based Cookbook + Book Review and Giveaway! - December 9, 2020
- Lemon ginger bowl sauce with miso recipe (Oil free, no added sodium) - November 30, 2020
- New vegan bacon at Whole Foods Market – 300 store roll-out - November 15, 2020