This salt, oil and sugar free vegan ceviche is full of fresh mango, tomato, jalapeno, and radish. It's flexible too, there are many ways you can substitute the ingredients to end up with an equally pleasing and healthy salad for lunch or dinner. I will sometimes also add some avocado to this dish, which is delicious and filling and adds the perfect texture.
The mango mimics the fish texture you would find in a traditional ceviche dish. The dressing is the same, and will offer you the same kind of flavors you would find in any ceviche.
If you do not care for cilantro, you can use parsley instead. If you can't find daikon, jicama is an excellent substitute (it was actually what I wanted to use, but was not available in our local stores). You could also use cauliflower - I don't care for the texture as much, but it's also a healthy alternative and easy to locate in the produce section.
Mango Ceviche (Vegan)
- 3 cups daikon radish Diced or food processed. Substitute jicama or cauliflower
- 2 cups mango Fresh, cut into small strips. (think fish) - 3 cups
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes Diced, about 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro Fresh, chopped. Substitute with parsley if desired
- 1/4 cup parsley Fresh, chopped.
- 3/4 cup onion Fresh, diced
- 1/4 cup shallot Fresh, finely diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers Finely diced
- Chop and dice all fruit and vegetables, and add to a large bowl and combine well.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk together well.
- Pour dressing over the salad, and combine well. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve and season with additional pepper and/or sea salt if desired (Optional).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to/around 3 days. It doesn't look as pretty the next day, but it tastes even better.
This recipe is SOS-Free (Salt, oil, and sugar free), but you can absolutely season it to your own taste and dietary preferences. See the notes about making this entirely "whole food" friendly by blending the whole fruit instead of juicing your limes, lemons, and oranges.
- Kale pesto and farro salad with tomatoes, spinach and peas recipe (Oil Free, Vegan) - February 14, 2020
- Oil free Vegan Kale Pesto recipe (SOS-Free option, sunflower seed base) - January 30, 2020
- Citrus herb chickpea salad sandwich recipe (Oil free, vegan) - January 23, 2020
Last Updated on