This mango ginger dipping sauce is the perfect complement to your plant based spring rolls made with fresh vegetables and rice paper wraps. The mango offers a bright and refreshing tang, while the ginger gives it a slight hit of spice. And of course you can heat it up even further by swirling a bit of chili pepper sauce into the dip.
I made this dipping sauce in my Vitamix high speed blender, but you can also make it using a regular blender or food processor. You can use frozen and thawed mango or fresh, fresh ginger or minced - either type of these ingredients works just fine. Simply add all of the ingredients and blend until its smooth.
Mango Ginger Vegan Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend at top speed until well combined.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge. Should last for 5-7 days, and can be frozen.
- Optionally mix in some chili garlic sauce* or other hot sauce for additional flavor and heat.
What to use this sauce on or with
This dipping sauce is perfect for spring rolls. Here is one simple spring roll wrap recipe, however this versatile dipping sauce would work with a spring roll with a variety of different fillings too.
You could also use this sauce to dip vegetables: grilled, roasted or fresh. A variety of plant-based skewers would be fantastic. This dip would particularly compliment lemongrass mushroom skewers, or grilled tempeh or seitan. You could also try spreading it in a sandwich.
Variations and substitutions
If you don't have apple cider vinegar, you can substitute plain white vinegar in its place.
You could also add more vinegar and water to this recipe to make it into a salad dressing instead. It would work very well on a simple mixed green salad with fruit, nuts, and seeds.
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- 73 Cows (2018 Documentary) - November 15, 2019
- The Game Changers (2018 documentary) - November 15, 2019
- Cheap Vegan Chili (Low fat, oil free) – but still rich, filling, and expensive tasting - November 13, 2019