A variety of salad dressings, dips and other sauces make eating a whole food plant-based diet a breeze. They can add so much flavor and variety to your WFPB diet that you won't miss animal based products nearly as much... or eventually at all.
This vegan caesar salad dressing does not contain any animal products, sweetener (although you can add it if you wish), and not much oil either. In fact it works fine omitting the oil and simply adding more citrus, brine, or hummus to get to your desired thickness.
This caesar salad dressing is perfect for your salads, or even as a dip for vegetables.
Vegan caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp green olives grated (about 2, depending on size)
- 1 Tbsp olive brine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together, adding additional olive oil or lemon juice for consistency as needed. You can optionally use the food processor if desired.
Salad recipes that use this dressing
For a great southwest caesar salad recipe to pair with this vegan caesar dressing, check out our southwest caesar salad that uses this dressing.
Used in this recipe
The following green olive products can be used to make this recipe. We typically use marinated olives found in an olive bar at our local Whole Foods, but we have also used some of the following olives that can be purchased below.
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Deluxe Sunomono Salad recipe (Vegan, oil free, low fat) - February 13, 2019
- Vegan sweet and sour stir fry recipe (Oil free, low fat) - February 12, 2019
- How to cook perfect potatoes in the Instant Pot - February 6, 2019