Roasted vegetables are an excellent way to make your plant-based meals particularly delicious. And there are endless combinations of flavors we can try in order to mix it up every night. These ginger rosemary parsnip fries are a favorite new addition to our rotation! And this time I made them "no oil" to help with reducing the amount of oil we have in our recipes, and it turned out well!
Add some red pepper flakes to this low fat recipe as an option to spice it up even more. The amount you choose is based on how much heat you can handle!
These parsnip fries also go well with many dips, including hummus, ketchup, and our favorite lemon tahini spread!
Ginger Rosemary Parsnip Fries
- Wash and peel the parsnips, and then cut them into strips as photographed (approximately the same size and shape as fries).
- Remove stems, and dice the rosemary into very small pieces.
- Combine all spices and parsnips in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly to coat all parsnip pieces.
- Spread coated parsnips on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, and then flip parsnips and bake for another 15 minutes. Check parsnips in final 5 minutes for readiness.