This overnight chia pudding is as delicious for breakfast as it is healthy and filling. Having some of this breakfast fills me up all morning, since it is hearty and also energizing. It's easy to modify based on what you have in the fridge, too.
And the best thing about this recipe is you can add the pudding to a layered breakfast, such as the one you find here: layered breakfast pudding. This recipe adds layers of yogurt and berries to create a combination of textures and ingredients that will keep you going all morning.
Let's get started.
Overnight vegan chia oatmeal pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana mashed
- 1.5 cups plant-based milk recommend cashew or almond milk
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store in the fridge overnight to thicken.
What else can you do with this recipe?
Why chia seeds?
- Good for you. Here is the low down on the health benefits of chia seeds.
- Gelatinous. This helps combine all of the ingredients and hold the pudding together. The gelatinous nature of chia also contributes to a healthy gut environment.
Ground chia seeds
Ground chia seeds can also be used as a thickener, and you can either purchase them ground up or do it yourself in a high speed blender or food processor. Ground chia seeds are often referred to as chia flour or chia powder. Find the instructions about how to make it on this page.
Latest posts by Jen deHaan (see all)
- Vegan Ginger Orange Farro, Bean & Vegetable Meal Salad recipe (using Chop Above cutting board!) - September 3, 2019
- Flavor Blast Vegan Tzatziki Spread recipe (Dairy Free, Oil free, Low Fat) - July 8, 2019
- Vegan ramen with mushrooms and tofu recipe – with a spicy option (Oil free, Vegan) - June 4, 2019